Q1 How can I remain fit?
Staying fit is paramount to life and can lead you to be a happy and jovial human being. By staying fit and healthy you not only look and feel better about yourself but you can also decrease your chance of medical problems such as diabetes, heart attacks, high cholesterol, and hypertension.
- walking, jogging or cycling: They are very important parts of a healthy lifestyle as they are activities that keep your muscles active and your blood flowing. Come up with a daily walking, jogging or cycling routine that fits with your schedule. After a while, you can increase your distance, speed and eventually time.
- Exercise at home: Everyone does not have the time or money to go the gym. Working out at home is very easy and can be very beneficial. Some at-home exercise includes:
- Push ups. Use your weight to the floor or wall to work on your upper body strength.
- Sit ups. You can simply lay on the ground or if you would like to go with more advanced technique, try with a chair or exercise ball.
- Yoga. Yoga practices are easily done on the carpeted ground or on a yoga mat.
- Exercise in the Gym: A gym is a great place to remain fit. Going to the gym every day will help to control your weight. It helps to strengthen your heart and lowers your blood pressure.
- -Use machines for cardio and weights, but be careful and never use a weight that is too heavy which you can’t lift. If you find comfort in lifting lighter weight then slowly and gradually come to heavier ones.
- -Learn strength training and muscle toning techniques from an instructor or professional.
- Local Sports Team: One can join a local sports team to move around and have some fun though at the gym also you can entail excitement too! The most popular city sports are cricket, football, basketball and ultimate frisbee. You can join a sports club in your city. The importance of sports is not just limited to being physically fit but fosters positive effects on their studies as well. Children’s participation in sports is extremely vital and should be encouraged as part of the school curriculum.
- Balanced Diet: A right and balanced diet are crucial for maintaining your physical fitness as the food act as a fuel. Eating a balanced diet can boost or maintain the immune system, which is important for optimum physical fitness. Having nutritious foods which boost the blood is vital for the immune system’s functions. Below are some of the Key points that one should keep in mind.
- Get Rid of Junk Food: It is really hard to get rid of junk food when you have so enticing dishes or recipes near you. If you consume this, it turns to fat almost immediately. It contains a negligible amount of nutrition and is high in sodium and sugar. Try to avoid Donats, cookies, processed Juices, pudding, butter etc
- Eat Healthy: It is not that difficult to find healthy solutions in restaurants and take-outs as well. You will find that maintaining a healthy and balanced diet can increase your energy and productivity, boost your metabolism and make you a happier person because you will be consuming the nutrients and vitamins your body requires. You can include fresh fruits and vegetables, foods high in fiber like black beans, green peas etc.You can have food high in protein like tofu, soyabean, nuts, quinoa, cottage cheese etc. Though I have penned down some of the pure vegetarian diets later in this article which is healthy and nutritious.
- Understand the difference between complex and simple carbohydrates: Simple carbohydrates are ones made of one or two molecules of sugar that have negligible nutritional value. Complex carbohydrates are made from a string of sugars.They are very rich in fibers and contain healthy vitamins and minerals.
- Examples of simple carbohydrates: Sugars, syrups, jams, and candy
- Examples of complex carbohydrates: Whole grain foods and vegetables.
- Know when to eat: For all those who don’t know if you desire to make a muscular or toned body which is made up of 70 % diet and 30 %workout. Should not pay much importance to the workout but should pay heed to our diet.It is really important to avoid skipping meals. Skipping a meal does is not at all healthy. In fact, it decreases the speed of your metabolism and can result in losing nutrition your body needs. I have planned a pure vegetarian diet plan for muscle building which is discussed in this article.
- Drink a lot of water: The human body is made of about 50-65% of water, and you need to keep replenishing it. Your body sweats a lot of that water while you indulge in any kind of physical training, so you need to put it back in it. If you are exercising you will need to increase your amount of water intake to replenish what you are sweating out.
- Willpower and motivation: It is very important to have a companion who motivates you while you are doing any exercise or maintaining a diet.
- Stick to your plan.: You are the only one that can control your actions and strong willpower can make you happy! Stick to a daily or every other day plan. If you are doing any form of exercise or maintaining a healthy diet, you should follow it throughout. That is it should act as a daily routine.
- Don’t let others bring you down: Don’t let other’s decide your fitness goals. If you are in the gym and are lifting small weights, don’t let the person next to who is using giant weights intimidate you. You should work at your pace and not get bogged down by others
- See if others want to join you: It could be great if you have a companion with you while you do exercise like your fitness trainer or your friend. that extra push of motivation can be very inspiring and it is the best way to bond.
- Treat yourself: Set goals for yourself and when you have reached those goals you earn a reward. For example: If you have kept up with your routine with healthy diet and you accomplish your goals on the basis of the targets you set in, then that Saturday night you should treat yourself to a small amount of your favorite snack. I would recommend yoga bar ( Nutritious chocolate) instead of any other.
- Have belief in yourself: Do not care what other’s think for you. If you are determined and have believed in yourself in achieving your goal of staying fit then nothing stops you and you have miles to go.
Q 2 What are the advantage of having a vegetarian diet?
A well-planned vegetarian diet is a healthier way to meet your nutritional needs. A vegetarian diet is the best way to achieve good health and consists of variety of food that is satisfying, delicious, and healthful. Before I list down the best vegetarian foods, let’s look some of the benefits of having vegetarian foods
- A Healthy Heart
Vegetarians tend to have lower cholesterol levels than meat-eaters. Also, the heart disease is less common in them. This is due to the fact that they are low in saturated fat and usually contain little or no cholesterol
- Lowers Blood Pressure
Vegetarian have lower blood pressure than non-vegetarians. When patients with high blood pressure start a vegetarian diet, many of them are able to eliminate them for medication
- Controlling Diabetes
The vegetarian diet is high in complex carbohydrates, fiber and low fat which results for preventing diabetes. A diet which consists of fruits, vegetables, legumes, can lower blood sugar levels and often reduce or even eliminate the need for medication.
- Cancer Prevention
The vegetarian diet helps prevent cancer as they are lower in fat and higher in fiber than nonvegetarian diets. Studies of vegetarians show that death rates from cancer are only about one-half to three-quarters of the general population’s death rate.
Q-3. Can we build muscles on a vegetarian diet?
Yes, of course, you can certainly build muscles on it. Building muscles incorporate the right proportion of diet having carbohydrates, protein and fats, vitamins and minerals and your workout.
- Body Building with Carbs
- Rotis: Rotis is one of the best ingredients for bodybuilding. They are made from whole grains that are complex carbohydrates and supply us with energy and fiber.
- Sweet Potatoes: Instead of having a normal potato switch to sweet one. It is recommended to have it pre-workout as it does provide energy.A sweet potation is rich in fiber and vitamins. This also contains potassium, which prevents muscle cramps.
- Brown rice: It is a rich source of complex carbohydrates that energizes us during weight training. It consists of iron, calcium, and fiber that are necessary for building bones and cell growth
- Bananas: This is recommended for pre-workout. Bananas are also a rich source of potassium, which works for building muscles.
- Paneer: Is a great post-workout snack. So consume paneer as this will help in the recovery of muscles and promote muscle growth. Paneer also contains calcium and vitamin A. Calcium also helps to strengthen the bones, which are essential for bodybuilding
- Milk: I recommend a tall glass of milk after work out as it is a good source of protein, calcium and vitamin D. It also improves digestive problems and strengthens the bones.
- Cheese: Fermented milk is far richer in vitamins and minerals. Cheese contains calcium, potassium, vitamin A and B and manganese, making it a perfect post-workout snack.
- Yoghurt: It is similar to cheese, but the nutrition value is different. Yoghurt is rich in protein, potassium, vitamin B and calcium and contains less sodium compared to cheese. I usually have non-fat yogurt with nuts at night before I go to bed.
- Pulses: Dal, chickpeas, soybeans, pigeon pea, moong and masoor are good sources of protein. These pulses are also easily available in the Indian kitchen and are quick to prepare. Consume pulses anytime during a daytime.
- Muscle building with Protein
- Beans: There are several types of beans like kidney beans(Rajma), black beans and they roughly provide carbohydrates, proteins, potassium, fiber, calcium, vitamin B and manganese.
- Tofu: Tofu is I guess by far the best soybean product which is very good source of protein and it has high levels of calcium and iron. But this muscle building ingredient also contains potassium, protein, and manganese. I generally have 200 gms of tofu after my workout session.
- Broccoli and spinach: This vegetable is a superfood with several health benefits. It contains protein, calcium, vitamin C and vitamin B.
- Muscle building with Fats
- Nuts: There is a huge assortment of nuts that you all can get from the market.Walnuts, cashews, peanuts, almonds, and pistachios, are also good for muscle building. They also contain carbohydrates, protein, and fiber in varying amounts
- Coconut oil: This oil helps burn fats, so it is a great oil to cook with.
- Olive oil: It is monounsaturated oil that lowers bad cholesterol or LDL. It also contains antioxidants and increases energy.
Q4 What are the essential tips for having a muscular body?
- Balanced Diet: A balanced meal is one which consists of one food from each food group that is from Dairy, fruits, vegetables, grains and a protein. It includes the following
- Carbs: Carbs form the basic part of an Indian food chart. At least 50 – 55 % of your total calorie intake should come from complex carb foods Anding recommends that vegetarian athletes looking to build muscle eat good quality protein at every meal. A rule of thumb for a hard training bodybuilder is one gram per pound bodyweight. This is more than an average individual needs but if you are someone trying to gain mass through intense training and maintaining a calorie and protein surplus, more is necessary and this is good point to start with
- Protein: Protein is an important component of every cell in the body. … Your body usesprotein to build and repair tissues. You also use protein to make enzymes, hormones, and other body chemicals. Protein is an important building block of bones, muscles, cartilage, skin, and blood.
- Fats: Consume olive oil, sunflower oil + rice bran oil or other such MUFA and PUFA combination of oil. Include heavy nuts.
- Vitamins: Your aim to gain muscles is so empowered by protein, that we often neglect about the macronutrients from food that are equally essential. Vitamin E, Vitamin B, Vitamin C are some crucial vitamins that you cannot overlook while gaining muscles mass.
- Fruits and Vegetables: There are ample amount of vitamins and minerals packed in them. Following are some of the vegetables that you all should go for
- Apple or Banana-Best foods for pre-workout
- Broccoli, leafy greens – Best vegetarians for protein intake
- Get enough sleep: If we go for a workout then the cell in our body which gets tired needs rest for repair purpose. It is mandatory to have minimum of 8 hours of sleep required by every cell of our body. If you compromise on this then you will notice a down fall in your stamina .
- Drink lots of water: Having water is crucial for Indian muscles builders and anyone who does meticulous workout or training.It is the most important ingriedient of an diet plan for bodybuilding. as it helps in cooling down of the body cells after a vigorous workout. You should have energy drink in the work of water during your workout. It boost your performance and stamina and you tend to increase some more weights. Example –get to a red energy drink. Drink at least one ounce of water for every two pounds of body weight every day and strive to drink more
- Division of your meal: It is advised to divide your one large meal into small proportions of meals during a day. Consuming six or more meals per day is essential to not only massive gain, but makes it easier for your body to efficiently digest the food, and keeps you topped off with nutrients. It also keeps your stomach smaller, promotes more water consumption, and allows you to intake more fiber, fruits and vegetables.
Q5- Does having 6 packs or 8 packs define my fitness?
No . of course not .They might supplement your outlook but indeed it does not indicate a sign of your fitness. Lots of people do not have 6 packs but despite of that they are healthier and jovial. This is meant for those who showcase their words physique to the viewers like actors, models, body builders or those who has a desire to or 8 packs look great irrespective of the profession you are in